Mala Shop

Friday, August 10, 2012

Staycation - San Diego

The Arboretum at Balboa Park

Koi fish

Water Lilies
How I spent my summer vacation...

This year we stay-cationed, spending time in spots that tourists flock to in San Diego.  Balboa Park was one of them. It was great because we made a schedule and actually stuck loosely to it.

Balboa Park, especially the gardens and botanical building shown here (the Arboretum) is one of the most relaxing places to stroll through in the world.  The reflecting pond, with its turtles, water lilies, and koi fish, is so beautiful. I never tire of photographing it and seeing the ferns, orchids, and begonias inside the shady building.

I hope you're staying cool!

4 comments:

Richard W said...

Very beautiful!
Thank you so much for sharing...it allows me to visit an area I would never make it to on my own.

Jan Lundy said...

Laura, I've been here and it is a fabulous place to visit. I am so glad you savored your time there. When I come to S. CA again I must be sure to go there. xo

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Laura, please contact me - email on http://myjourneytomindfulness.blogspot.com
My wonderful Mala needs restringing.
I will miss my special bracelet.
Ernestine

elsie said...

the arboretum is on my list- you just bumped it way up!!