Mala Shop

Monday, April 11, 2011

Multi-Colored Semi-Precious Stone Mala

Multi-colored semi-precious stone mala

I've wanted to make one of these for awhile, and a customer special ordered it last week on my Etsy shop. It's a little bit like a patchwork quilt, when different left over pieces of fabric would be sewn together...these are the bits and pieces of different malas that I don't have enough of to make full malas of, or that haven't made it into new malas. But the stones that I have lying around, Oh my gosh, they are so special.

There are rhodonite, citrine, yellow (undyed) jade, genuine rough polished turquoise, rainbow fluorite, rose quartz, clear quartz, lavender jasper, green aventurine, lapis, blue lace agate, and serpentine. If I make it again the mix will be similar but different.

I finished it with a green aventurine guru bead and green cotton tassel.

I love light, happy, playful malas!

What have you created today?
Peace.

6 comments:

Roy said...

Beautiful! (as always..)

:-)

Laura said...

Thank you, Roy!
Be well.
Peace,
Laura

elsiee said...

that is truly gorgeous... I wouldn't mind having a wrist mala like that... any chance for another "special" order?

Laura said...

Hi Elsie,
Of course, any time!
xxxooo
Laura

LauraX said...

so beautiful Laura!

Anonymous said...

Lovely. I make malas for Off the Mat Into the World's Global Seva Challenge as a fundraiser, but haven't yet gone beyond two colors. What a beautiful piece. Kalyani