Mala Shop

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Far From The Maddening Crowd

An Idyllic end of Summer stroll in the hills!
A grove of red manzanita trees...


Manzanita bark used to be used as tea.......Unidentified small red flower....manzanita berries...









The gentle end of Summer and beginning of Fall. A walk, a hike, no...a photo stroll down the Idyllwild hillside with our cameras. The smell of...nothing. No cars, no perfumes, no food, just fresh. And then the afterlayer of pine smell. Gentle, fresh breezes. Living creatures. A butterfly, dragonfly, and hummingbird take turns circling us and zipping on their merry way.

A blessed afternoon, a moment of refreshment. Ah, late August. Is there anything at all better in the world?

To interrupt my poetic reverie, I have to say that for our friends south of the equator, late August means something else entirely. A friend in Australia right now is eager for Spring to begin!
Begin the beguine.

Summer has always been my favorite time of year.

2 comments:

elsiee said...

my sweet friend it was so lovely to have time to spend together - my new mala has been my constant compaion your love and peaceful energy radiate from it to my heart

Laura said...

Oh Elsie,
It was a perfect match for you. I'm so glad you found it. Enjoy!