Mala Shop

Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Blog and a Good Book—Awake is Good



Tara Statue


My friend Jan Lundy writes the blog Awake is Good about bringing spirituality into life. She's the author of Your Truest Self: Embracing the Woman You Are Meant to Be. A few months ago we traded a mala for some of her books. I love, love, love the book. It's one of those special, personal books about bringing spirit and soul into life that only come around once in a while. It is full of interviews with women who show how to do this: Joyce Rupp-OSM, Jan Phillips, Iyanla Vanzant, Dudley Evenson, Sue Patton Thoele, Daphne Rose Kingma, Doreen Virtue, Naomi Judd, Michelle Tsosie Sisneros, Joan Borysenko, Frances Moore Lappé, and Mari Gayatri Stein. You may not know each name, but their voices come through so intimately in the book that you know them a bit by the end. I like to hear about other people's thoughts on their journeys and I found the simple exercises in the book to be opening and enriching.


The book is on Amazon—the blog is here: Awake Is Good. And today, January 11th, she's hosting my thoughts about keeping meditation free from hope and fear and why I use a mala. It's a very personal post. So stop on by and leave a comment. You'll like it there.

*****

On another note, thank you to all the wonderful customers who've ordered malas from me. Thank you particularly to the unexpected, small surge of Canadians who've been dropping by. It's been fun shipping north of the border.

Take care!

2 comments:

Jan said...

Good morning, Laura. I am so thrilled you are at my blog today! The article you crafted on meditation with mala beads is wonderful and I hope everyone will stop by and read it, and say hello! I treasure the malas you have made for me and vow to use them faithfully in this new year. They always, always(!) ground and center me. May your mala making in 2010 be richly blessed.

And thank you for your kind words about my book. You are dear...I am glad it has touched you heart. :-)

Laura said...

Thank you Jan!