Mala Shop

Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Search for the Mystery Bead!

For months and months and months I've been searching in vain for more beads like this 14-mm swirly acrylic bead in the back of the photograph. Why? I like its swirls of gold, green, and black. It's come to mean something to me. My friend Rosemary gave me all her beading supplies last year when I started on Etsy, and this was in a necklace she made. At first I thought I'd never use it, then after I made this mala with

Poppy jasper guru bead
horn oblong
brass bead caps and
yellow cotton tassel

I was hooked. At first I thought no one would like it except me. It was made for those brighter meditations, the ones when we're slightly sleepy, maybe slightly down, to perk us up! (I am never sleepy and never, ever down.)
Someone ordered it, then someone ordered another one, and whoosh—no more swirly beads in my box.

I begged the nice live help lady at Fire Mountain to find me more, I've been begging all over town. As soon as I give up I will find it, of course.

Meantime, the first person to let me know they've found something like this (acrylic or glass), will receive my undying affection and gratitude. And maybe a little something extra.

I'm not attached, I'm absolutely compulsive. Is that the same thing? Anyway, I offer my search and hope that somehow it and these malas will be a small part of the positivity in the world.

Happy Labor Day Weekend!

Love,
Laura

2 comments:

elsiee said...

I will be on the lookout!!

Jewels of Saraswati said...

I wish I knew what that was. I will keep my eyes open! You are right, as soon as you stop looking it will find you...... that's how it works. :)